Thursday, February 11, 2016

WaddawaddafookamI?



*** Wakes from hibernation and shakes head ***

Whaa? What? WaddawaddafookamI?
Ah, it’s Dubai. I am back (temporarily) in the Land of Sand.
Well, readers – or those of you who are still alive – it’s been a while. But JOHNNY’S HOME!!!

*** Puts axe through door and grins like a maniac ***

Ahem. Let me straighten my tie. Yes, I do wear a tie when I’m doing the Respectable Businessman Thing, which I am at present.
A suit. An ironed shirt. Even shoes. Proper shoes, that is. After ten months in the United Arab Emirates, my flip-flops are gathering dust. But my bank account looks healthier, thanks to the absence of income tax in this part of the world. But enough of the Filthy Capitalist Stuff.
Why has my blog, like Lazarus, suddenly leapt back to life?
Of course, you know why.
I’ve got a new book out.

*** Coughs in a slightly embarrassed fashion ***

So, I’m not the only one who is back. David Braddock, anti-hero and occasional private detective, returns for his fourth outing in ‘Running on Emptiness’, the latest tome in the ‘Time, Blood and Karma’ series. It’s available on Amazon as a Kindle book and also as a Paperback blah blah blah.
I hate this marketing stuff. I always feel like I should take a shower afterwards.
Anyway, for those of you interested in such matters, the hideous details of my new novel are set out below. Plus buy links if you’d prefer a copy of it to, say, making a donation to a reputable charity.
Oh, incidentally, my novel 'Hungry Ghosts' is FREE on Amazon for the next few days - see links at end.


*** Stretches arms above head and wonders what to do next ***

It is the summer of 2006. In Thailand, the army makes preparations to overthrow the elected government of Thaksin Shinawatra.
Against this backdrop of political turmoil, destinies are shaped as events ensnare a corrupt Police Chief and his dying wife, two warring drug lords, an embittered widow, and a vengeful gangster.
While dreams and obsessions play out on the streets of Bangkok, private detective David Braddock finds himself mired in guilt. The ghosts of his past misdeeds are coming home, and they are bringing devastation in their wake.

‘Running on Emptiness’ is the fourth volume in the ‘Time, Blood and Karma’ series.




AND THE #FREE BOOK (because you want that, right?)




Enjoy, or not, as is your wont.


2 comments:

  1. ..almost through Emptiness... LUVVIN IT (as usual )...so can a review be legitimately posted when I’m done readin’, that man ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe it can, Lord G. However, I also believe in unicorns. Especially after a couple of beverages.

    ReplyDelete