Sunday, June 30, 2013

Flash Fiction Competition Results Just In




Well what do you know? My flash fiction piece 'HEAD' was just named as a winning entry in the IBD Flash Fiction Competition in the Mystery/Thriller Category. A small celebration might be in order.

The competition requirement was for a story of no more than 35 words (yes, read that again - "no more than 35 words"), so it's not too taxing for me to type it out again below.


HEAD

The psychiatrists are gathering. They huddle, talking to me. But words won't get inside my head. Only one thing really gets inside a head; something heavy and sharp. Well, I know all about that.


For details of the other winners, here's the link http://indiebookoftheday.com/ibd-flash-writing-contest-june-2013-results/


7 comments:

  1. Terrific flash, John.

    Congratulations on your win!

    eden

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh! Well done. Enjoy the spoils and bragging rights :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll only brag in a whisper *sshhhhh* :-)

      Delete
  3. Fiona Digby see's your woot and raises you a woot woot!

    ReplyDelete