Friday, November 30, 2012
The Liebster Award
Oh, that's just great!
I've been nominated for the Liebster Award by Seumas Gallacher. Thanks Seumas, just what I needed when I'm trying to get some damn writing done!
Here are the rules:
When you receive the award, you post 11 random facts about yourself and answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
Pass the award onto 11 other blogs (while making sure you notify the blogger that you nominated them!)
You write up 11 NEW questions directed towards YOUR nominees.
You are not allowed to nominate the blog who nominated your own blog!
You paste the award picture into your blog. (You can Google the image, there are plenty of them!)
11 random facts about John Dolan:
1. I was born at a very young age and have increased considerably in size since then. My mother is relieved it's worked this way round.
2. I am a qualified hypnotherapist, so you shouldn't look into my eyes for too long if you are an attractive young woman. If you're an ugly bloke you have nothing to worry about.
3. I was (briefly) the warm-up act for a local rock band in the UK.
4. My wife is a saint, or near enough.
5. I once performed live on BBC Radio. I never got asked back.
6. I am not a member of the mile-high club, although I continue to live in hope.
7. I have a brother who is nowhere near as handsome as I am, in spite of being 8 years younger.
8. I have played the part of Hamlet on stage. Badly. (I was always better in pantomime)
9. I used to be a karate instructor but gave it up because this 9-year-old kid used to kick the crap out of me.
10. Football-wise I support Sunderland. This have given me a great ability to withstand life's disappointments, since with my team every season is a disappointment (except for 1972-3 when we won the FA Cup).
11. My nickname at school was "Donut".
Questions from Seumas:
What's your earliest recollection of anything?
Falling down a railway embankment.
How old were you when you were informed that Mister Claus may not be for real ? and how did you take it?
What? You are telling me that Father Christmas isn't real? Wait there while I jump off this high ledge.
What was the first book that you absolutely hated?
101 Reasons Why Sex Before Marriage Is A Bad Idea.
Money or Love?
Love. Preferably with an 88-year-old billionairess with no heirs and a heart condition.
Fantasy holiday destination?
Megan Fox's bedroom.
Oh God, I can't remember. It was definitely with a girl though.
Favourite funny person?
Whichever politician is giving a speech at the time. You have to laugh, right?
What kind of music, if any, makes you cry?
Some of the songs of Tracey Chapman and Joan Armatrading.
If you could remove any three letters from the alphabet what would they be, and why?
HIV - it should be obvious why.
Elephant. I forget why.
If you had to change your first name, what would you change it to ?
"Scoundrel" has a ring to it, I think. "Cad" is a bit short.
Here are my 11 questions for my nominees:
1. What is the worst present you have ever received?
2. If you were going to throw someone out of an aeroplane who would it be?
3. What is the most embarrassing thing you've ever worn?
4. If you could have been the writer of any song, which song would it be?
5. If you weren't doing what you are doing, what would you be doing?
6. How long can you hold your breath for?
7. If you had to have a tattoo what would it be and where would it be on your body?
8. Apple or Microsoft?
9. If you could remove one country from the planet which one would it be?
10. Which extinct animal would you like to see not-extinct?
11. Which movie is most likely to make you blub?
My nominees are Joanne Phillips, Marny Copal, Soraya Bakhbakhi, Dionne Lister, Jan Berghoef, Pamela Sutherland, Eden Baylee, Billy Ray Chitwood, Charity Parkerson, Michelle Browne, Meredith Lorimar.