Friday, October 12, 2012

More Nonsense


This is an experimental blog to see precisely how much internet nonsense my brain can deal with before it explodes and pebbledashes the walls.

If you're an American reading this, howdy. I'm afraid all my spellings are in proper English. You might need a dictionary.

In case you haven't already gathered, I'm John Dolan, galericulate author of 'Everyone Burns', tweeter extraordinaire. If you're expecting insight and enlightenment you are in all likelihood going to be disappointed. If, on the other hand, you would like to treat your facial muscles to some smiling exercises, then you've probably come to the right place. We might even get your brow wrinkling at something interesting. I have shares in the company that makes botox, so this is a win-win for all of us.

If you're wondering what 'galericulate' means, it means 'hidden by a hat'. None the wiser? Me neither.

This blog will comprise observations on travel and places, life, the universe and knitting. The real purpose of this exercise, of course, is to try to con you into buying my books*. So you can also expect book reviews, interviews with other writers and sneaky subliminal advertising posing as objective commentary. It's highly unlikely that anything you read here will be true and most of it will be barely credible. But if you've spent any serious time on the internet you'll be used to that anyway.

If you'd like to get all my blog stuff delivered free to your email account use the Follow by Email box on the right of this article.

If my blog articles get a bit long and tedious or I use too many long words, you might want to go and see what I'm burbling about on Twitter @JohnDolanAuthor. At least there the madness is restricted to 140 characters.

Have a good day. Or as good a day as is practical.

*like this one

2 comments:

  1. Have read your posts and like all that you write, John. ("Everyone Burns" is coming up.) It is my pleasure being your Goodreads friend. If you wish, aside from my Goodreads author page and blog, you can follow my posts and books on:

    http://www.goo.gl/TeQpP
    http://www.thefinalcurtain1.wordpress.com

    Incidentally, my family roots bo back to Chetwode, a hamlet north of London, in Buckinghamshire.

    Sending you my best wishes.

    Billy Ray

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Billy Ray, that's mighty kind of you, my friend. It's always good to hear from a fellow writer (or should that be 'fellow sufferer'?).

    Thank you for all the 'likes'. If you want to receive all my blogs just type your email into the 'Follow by Email' box and hit submit. I have what I hope is a funny interview with Travis Luedke coming out this Friday - I think you'll like it.

    I'm just tweeting you now. Damn all these social networks ... :-)

    ReplyDelete